i was going to buy a ar yesterday at a local dealer in nc.had money in my hand for the downpayment and had proof of income and w-2's from last year.

well because i am a truck driver drive financial said my proof of income was not good enough and it showed exactly what i brought home each week, $850 AFTER taxes. so because i am a truck driver i couldnt get the car i wanted.

DRIVE FINANIAL DISCRIMINATES AGAINST TRUCK DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HOPE OTHER TRUCK DRIVERS SEE THIS AND WILL AVOID USING DRIVE FOR THEIR UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND DISCRIMINATION PRACTICES

Had an Experience with Drive Financial?

Comments

Sedalia, Missouri, United States #1306871

I hate that this happened to you, but I understand where they are coming from.If you really wanted a car from there, you should have brought copies of your last few years of tax returns to show your yearly income.

Many truck drivers don't get the same checks every week and truck driver income as a group can be fickle. The company is just trying to protect itself against making a bad loan. However, you should have been helped by the company and they should have suggested to you what you could bring in to prove how steady your income is, including possibly a notarized statement from the company/companies you work for.

Now, after saying that to you, I am glad for you they wouldn't finance you...after what I have read as reviews has shown me that this is not a company I want to finance a car through and I would hate for you to get stuck the way some of the people on here have.I truly hope you find/found a company to help you get what you needed.