We originally were with Sovereign Bank wiht our auto loan. We thought they were bad but now under Santander we know how bad it can get.

Originally Drive Financial apparently their reputation got around and they changed company names. Under them my mother-in-law had her car repoed when she had never missed a payment in the year she owned her car. Drive had apparently not received or lost 6 months of payments.

We had a repo man show up to us because we missed last month, and this month had not been paid... though it was not yet due. While speaking to 3 different people I got told we owed 3 different amounts. They do not know why were were never notified they now had our loan, or why we had never received a bill from them.

After being told I had to pay 3 months (last, this and next) up front in addition to $400 in repo fees I was livid. We ended up settling for 2 payments, 1 today and one next week. This would not include the repo fee, which they said they were waiving. As of today I have BOTH payments on my account. Unfortunately it is an electronic check (complete with 10.95 processing charge) so it cannot be stopped. I calle dwithin the customer service hours they had provided to fight this, was disconnected three times and then got an "office closed message". There needs to be something done about these people.

Had an Experience with Drive Financial?

Comments

We had a similar situation with Santandar.Our vechile was with Citibank.

My spouse had lost their job and we were working with Citi to lower our payments for six months. We were approved for the payments to be lowered for six months. We signed all of the paper work and faxed Citi and mailed to them all of the necessary documents at the end of August in 2010. The day after Labor Day we had the repo man outside picking up the vechile.

We asked the repo man to wait for a few minutes. Contacted Santandar and asked them what was going on. We didn't purchase a vechile with them. We did have a loan with them on our other car that was sold to them by HSBC, but not this car.

We were told that it was not sanatndar's place to inform us that Citi sold our loan to Santandar. Also, Santandar didn't know anytthing about our arrangements with lowering our payments for 6 months. Even after provding them with copies of signed documents that Citi gave to us. They finally after a week and a half returned our car to us.

They did honour the arrangement we had with Citi. However, it was a fight each month making the reduced payments. They kept forcing us to make the regular payemnt. It was asking too much having the customer service rep to read the notes to verfiy the reduced payments.

They call up to 10 times a day if you are just one day late with payments.

Because we have two loans with them we get 20 calls a day.I will never use them ever...

We had a similar situation with Santandar.Our vechile was with Citibank.

They call up to 10 times a day if you are just one day late with payments.

What is really sad here people is that some people like myself was making their payments and I paid 71 1/2 payments out of 72 but for some reason the have all kinds of charges on me that add up to 7500.00 and wont give me the title if I make that last payment in a half.Nope they said I need to pay the 7500.00 They are a bunch of freaking crooks that need stopped.

It is SAD that people are loosing their vehicles for no reason. I have paid 34,400 on this truck already and it was purchased in 2006.

They are not gonnd get anymore of my mony..thats over 40,000 for a truck that don't even book at 5000.

They just took my car one day ago.They gave me no notice they were repoing my car.

Yes, I was behind but they just took it. I only owe them $5,000.00 on the car and have sustained their harassment for the past several years, no i am without a car. They want $1050.00 and they are going to tack on $400.00 for the repossession. How can i trust that they will release my car after I pay them the $.

Does anyone have any quick advice? I only have 48 hours to redeem my car before they transfer it to an auction. I have 10 days to try and get it back but they will transport it to another state in 48 hours. WTF is going on with these people.

When I called them this morning I was told that they were closed for the day in 3 minutes and to hurry up. I asked them how could i possibly pay them in 48 hours if they were closed?

They claim that they will send a release to the place where my car is being held and then i can set up an appointment to get it back.HELP

I was with HSBC, and my loan was sold to Santander too.I had the same things happening to me until I told them if they didn't stop harassing me by calling every hour on the hour for 85.00, I was going to call my attorney and report them.

Now they only call once a day and ALWAYS LEAVE A MESSAGE.BTW I have Pre-Paid Legal and it works.

Santander is Fkn ridiculous. They harrass you even if your payment isn't late and none of their employees speak English

:( Santander SUCKS!The incompetancy among its employees is unbelievably unacceptable!

My loan was sold unbeknownst to me a couple months ago by CitiFinancial Auto.

I am refinancing my loan TOMORROW!!!!ARGH!

The person who listed the above comment (suck it up) WTF is wrong with you????Have you no compassion!!!!!

What would make you say such horrible things to people??? And, people you dont even know at that. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!! No one is saying that you should not make your payments on time.

Everyone is aware that when you buy something you must pay for it. However, there are times in some peoples lives where they do struggle that is a part of life it gets diffucult. People that have unfortunate hardships in life know all too well they have bills to pay and beat themselves up with worry and anxiety over how they are going to keep up. They dont need you to remind them and make them feel any worse than they already do.

In the future you may go through something such as this yourself and somehow I believe you would be the biggest cry baby of them all. So stop and think about that the next time you try and JUDGE SOMEONE!!!!!! And by the way I hope this *** you off.

(I mean isnt that what you were trying to do when you posted your mean post.) P.S EVEN IF YOU HAVE BAD CREDIT AND YOU DO HAVE TO PAY A HIGHER INTEREST RATE ON YOU CAR TO GET YOURSELF ON THE RIGHT TRACK.THAT DOES NOT GIVE (DRIVE) OR ANYONE ELSE THE RIGHT TO STEAL FROM ANYONE OR USE ILLEGAL PRACTICES TO STEAL!!!!!

I am hoping thay repo me. channel 8 is waiting for them to breach chapter 7 protection.