Drive financial was the lien holder on my car loan.When I discovered that I was paying entirely too much in interest.

I refinanced my car with Wachovia Bank for about 8% less. Wachovia sent Drive Financial a check for the balance on my vehicle. I was set up on automated payments with Drive but the rep. inform me that they would automatically cancel because I no longer had an account with them.

Well, the didn't a week after my account was bought by Wachovia, Drive drafted a car payment for $500. I called them they said they would refund it in 30-45 days. Well 37 days later I got a check for $18 from them. I called them and they said that I need to send them a copy of my bank statement showing them that they took the money out.

The rep. and supervisor informed me that they didn't have any record of taking money from my account. I had to file an affadavit at the bank to get my money back. This is a pissy *** company.

I should be closed down. I will never in my life do business with them.

The employees are ignorant and the interest rates are outrageous.

Had an Experience with Drive Financial?

Comments

YES I TOO HAVE HAD A BAD CAR DEAL WITH THEM, I GAT A CAR FROM ONE OF THEIR DEALERS A WEEK LATER THEY SAID RETURN THE CAR, I DID AND THEY GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK THE ONLY THING IS THIS SANTANDER HAS THIS ON MY CREDIT AS A REPO.I ASKED THE DEALER WHY MUST I RETURN THE CAR HE SAID THEY NEVER GOT PAID FOR THE CAR THATS WHY I MUST RETURN IT. SO WHY DID SANTANDER PUT THIS AS A CHARGE OFF ON MY REPORT NOW I CANT GET A LOAN THIS IS F-UP

I want to surrender my car and have asked for 7 months for them to come pick it up.When I asked if I could just take it back to the dealer I was told by a rep from Drive that the car may get lost.

Now I am moving and they still haven't picked up the car.Where should I leave it?

Collins431
Castellar Del Valles, Catalonia, Spain #51521

Jessica, you just started out with these people, good luck is all I can say!They are ignorant sob's 90% of them!

And I cannot believe that the idiots that make the calls can see my full account number!

They also will refuse to cancel an auto EFT that is post dated 2 weeks ahead of time and say they will extend it for another week and take it anyway so you don't have chance to place stop payment!!!As for the original complaint, no he will not call you back I can almost guarantee it!!!

Morgantown, Pennsylvania, United States #8230

I'm just glad Drive was there to finance me and my husband when no one else would.I don't care what the interest rate is.

We got the car we wanted and needed.Once my credit is better, I'll just refinance.

Moundville, Alabama, United States #1725

I have had my loan with CAP One for years now, but not my choice. My bank sold it to them. I was upset about this. Things were good, then I moved to Georgia. I missed my payment, was late about 30 days before I was able to get a job to pay. I called them to give them my new address. From time I moved to time I was able to get into a place, 26 days. 5 days after I called them, they repoed my car. I was mad about that. I had to borrow money, I just started my new job. *** huh.

Gets better. Have you ever made an online payment? Or made a check over the phone payment. Well last night, I got a call from Cap One, wanting their payment. I told them when they would have it, and apologized, since I was unemployed for about 45 days. They said ok, we can setup a payment for you. What are the last 4 of your SSN. I gave it to him. Then he said, ok, what is the last four of your checking account. I was like - WTF?!!!! How on earth do you have my account information. The only time I would have ever used it was for the online session you can setup to make your car payment, and there is no reason a collections rep should have that information. I WAS SHOCKED. I then asked, can you see more then 4 of my SSN, he said no. I then asked, can you see all of my account number, My mouth dropped when he said yes. He could see my banking name, routing number, THE WHOLE THING!! Everything he could want for the taking. My information is in Cap One's system for them to pass out to all of the...

We all know how collections are - high turn over rate. I immediately asked to speak with a supervisor.

John Lanford got on the phone, told me that he would see what he could do to get it removed. I never gave them permission to have it to begin with. I am determined to get this information erased. He told me that it holds in the system the last way that a payment was made. So to me that says, that at any moment someone wants to be a ***, or hates me because I am rude to them, they can initiate and auto deduct payment from my account because they already have my information.

And who knows how trustworthy their employees are.

To top it all off, when I called them about 2 weeks before Christmas to let them know my payment would be about a month late due to unemployment, the rep was shockingly nice to me. He told me he understood, and said that I could get a deferment. I had heard of this before because my sister told me about it with her loan company. I asked about it when I moved out to Georgia, the time the repoed my car. THey told me it was not an option, and I would not be able to .

This time I said something about it, and the supervisor, who did not offer it, then openly said he would do what it takes to make sure I could get it, and help me out in anyway that he can.

This tells me that Cap One is illegally holding my information, and making it available to all of their employees who have access to the system.

Thank God I have employee benefits that have allowed me legal advice 24/7. I will be using that benefit before the end of this week if that supervisor does not call me back.