I was told by drive that if I made a payment that they would give me a two month deferment.I told them I didnt have the money to do so.

They told me well why dont you borrow it because youll save over 1200 if you can do this. So I did and made the payment so that I could save money over the holidays. Then two weeks later I get collection calls. they told me no deal and that it was not a promise .

I told them to pull the recorded phone call and they said I cant have that either. Wow isnt it against the law to make a arrangement and not hold to it? Now I have yet to hear from a superviser and I still have no diferment. Wow.

Did call Ftc and states attorney along with BBB.Wow any advise would be apriciated.

Had an Experience with Drive Financial?

Comments

I was treated the same way a year ago.They promised a deferrment and then called a few days later demanding payment.

I told them that I was told I had a two month deferment and they then proceeded to tell me that it was not approved. I asked them, when were they going to inform me of that and they said that they just had. I told them that I was unaware of that decision and I would not be able to give them more money at that time but could do it the following week. I was told to borrow money and I told them that I would not do that.

I have now started recording all of my conversations with them.

Another way you could keep track of conversations is by emailing them.Then have to email you back and then you could have something in writing.

We became a victim of the current recession and one of us lost their job.Drive called and a very nice man offered to do the same for us to help us out.

I was very happy to have this one little thing off of my shoulders.

Within 5 days the calls started again and I was told that it was not approved by management even though the gentelman had assured me it was all fine.Can't believe the tactics this company goes to!!

I CANT BELIVE THAT YOU ARE UPSET THAT YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO A CONTRACT AND ARE UPSET BECAUSE YOU HAVE BREECHED IT. LET ME PUT THIS IN TERMS YOU CAN UNDERSTAND. PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME

Cherry Point, North Carolina, United States #100724

drive is a crack of ***!they arent about ***, so i treat them like ***!.

since their services are lowsy i pay them when im ready!

they can come and get it but rhey would have to find me!lol :grin

Be very careful with those reps.They only make $10 an hour so they really could care less about your situation.

Do like I do... Record every phone call you make and ask for the reps name and i.d.

#..Not much but it may help in the long run.

I got a call from them just yesterday and I told the lady that my hours were cut at work and I could come up with something, but not the whole $1100.00. I asked her why they were not willing to help me and told her I was worried about my car getting repossed and she told me you should have thought about that when you couldn't make your payments.

you need to call the bbb and file a report with them. they will get to the bottom oif it,I filed one a few months ago becuase they were calling at work and i got fired for it. they still call me there.

i have experience the same thing with Drive now Santared. Promise deferement and then later told it was not approve. They call constantly, not willing to work with any one

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH DRIVE FINANCIAL.I LOOKED BACK AT ALL MY PAYMENTS THAT I HAD MADE AND NOTICIED THAT THEY HAD ADDED A 200.00 FEE ONTO MY BALANCE FOR A NON-ATTORNEY FEE MORE THAN ONETIME OVER THE PAST 4 YEARS.

WHEN ASKED WHAT THE FEE'S ARE FOR KNOWONE COULD TELL ME.

THEY CALL MY HOME 5-6 TIMES A DAY EVEN WHEN MY CAR NOTE IS NOT LATE OR EVEN IF IT IS DUE WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS.VERY,VERY,VERY DISCUSTED WITH DRIVE FINANCIAL/SANDANTER BANK :(

Was promised soldier's and sailor's relief act for my first pay off which they had to take down to 6% interest. Was given pay off's twice on two different loans for one car. Guess what, I paid BOTH loans and I still have NO title!!

Was on active duty in San Diego, CA and had recently decided on a divorce from my husband if our last try at saving our relationship did not work. Well, then he was deployed! Both our Military pay was regular and paid on time for the most part. Yet when I was nearing a payoff date, my balance began to shoot UP as opposed to DOWN!

Finally, I asked for a payoff amount and paid my balance in full. Then they stated that since I had not paid off the entire balance by a specific date, The soldier's and sailor's relief act's Mandatory 6% pay off had bee removed because they found out I had not been deployed. Duuuuh, but my husband had and the relief act covered spouses in the event they were left att home responsible for all the bills while the other spouse is deployed. They shafted me, rang my job when they had my personal cellphone number, shamed me in front of my military superiors and made my work environment very uncomfortable!

The threats, the supposed attorney letters, this company sucks! As we speak, I have proof I've paid off my car TWICE! I had my attorney call and they cursed him out. So now it's a stale mate, I have the car, can't drive it despite it having been paid off, and they won't give me the title. What can...

Drive financial should burn in ***.